Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take off your mask! Those are the rules!

Before I left Pittsburgh, my bank came up with a number of new security regulations. One of them provides that everyone entering the bank wearing a hat or mask must take off the hat or mask. When I took my Griz Tennis hat off, a bank employee told me that this rule is supposed to create a situation in which the surveillance cameras can see the faces of everyone who comes into the bank. Seriously? So if some dude in a ski mask comes through the door to rob the place, and you say, "Oh, hey, man...you have to take off your mask to come in here," he's just going to be like, "Oh, sorry. Sure, I'll take it off." Isn't this about as asinine as trying to turn Ben Roethlisberger into a pocket passer?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did i comment? i don't even remember. was it that offensive?

    ReplyDelete